Sedation Dentistry – Rowley, MA
Sit Back and Relax
Do you struggle with any of the following problems?
- You experience feelings of anxiety or fear when faced with an upcoming visit to the dentist.
- You had a previous traumatic experience at the dentist.
- You have a difficult time becoming numb from local anesthesia.
- You have a sensitive gag reflex.
- You’re afraid of needles or other tools that are commonly used in dental work.
If one or more of these circumstances is true for you, then it might be worthwhile to pursue sedation dentistry at our Rowley, MA dental office. These calming techniques can help patients feel much more comfortable and at ease while Dr. St. Clair and the rest of our staff works on improving your smile’s health and beauty.
Why Choose J. Peter St. Clair, DMD for Sedation Dentistry?
- Relaxing, Family-Friendly Environment
- We Give the Care We’d Want to Receive
- Gentle, Empathetic Team
Oral Conscious Dental Sedation
When undergoing oral conscious sedation, patients will be instructed to take a sedative at a certain time before their appointment begins. An escort who will bring you both to and from your appointment is required. Once the effects have begun, patients should feel very relaxed. They may not even remember much about the actual treatment once it’s finished, which is ideal.
If you require more significant sedation for your dental procedures, our team can refer you to specialists who can provide advanced sedation techniques called "sleep dentistry." This approach involves the administration of sedatives and pain-relieving drugs through an intravenous route, inducing a dream-like state of relaxation. Upon awakening, patients often feel as if only a few minutes have passed. It is important to arrange for a trusted escort to drive you home after the procedure and to closely monitor you until the effects of the sedation have completely worn off.