E4D Planmeca Same Day Crowns in Rowley
Traditional dental crowns and other restorations require two or more visits to complete, but with the introduction of the innovative Planmeca FIT system to our practice, we’re proud to offer complete restoration all in just one appointment. There are five main steps to the dental restoration process: preparation, impressions, design, creation, and placement. The Planmeca FIT system allows us to complete all four steps in one visit.
- Precise Preparation – we remove a minimal amount of dental structure to prepare the tooth to support a restoration
- Planmeca PlanScan Scanner® – this compact, handheld scanner allows us to capture precise digital impressions of the prepared tooth that are immediately available on a chairside monitor to design the custom dental restoration our patients need to repair their smiles
- Planmeca PlanCAD® – the PlanCAD computer assisted design system allows us to use the digital impressions to create a design for a flawless restoration
- Plenameca PlanMill 40® – the PlanCAD design is sent to an in-office milling unit where high quality dental ceramic is shaped into a custom restoration
- Perfect Placement – finally, we carefully attach the newly-milled restoration, make any necessary adjustments, and polish and seal the treated tooth